Cuddfan is a cosy, stylish architect-designed barn conversion for two in the hills above the delightful Aeron Valley, 6 miles from the seaside towns of New Quay and Aberaeron. A former spiritual retreat, the farm is now restored and managed as an exemplar of sustainability with wind turbine and ground-source heat pumps.
Cuddfan is a snug cottage for two, sensitively inserted into the rough stonework of a cart house and stables. The carefully crafted timber interior is comfortable and imaginatively designed. The snug is open to the exposed A-frame roof beams and has a woodburner for added cosiness. Sleeping is above, in what was the hayloft, up steep stairs. The lavatory with wet room shower is an immaculate pod. Local natural materials – stone, oak, ash, douglas fir and lime are dominant. See larger photos of this sustainable West Wales Holiday Cottage
- Entrance lobby- for coats and boots
- Kitchen /dining area - High quality utilities throughout, Oak dining table and chairs, Gas hob, fridge-freezer, combination microwave oven, dishwasher and sink. Glass sliding doors leading outside onto patio /garden with seating area for alfresco dining
- Snug: With built in heated seats on two sides with squabs and floor cushions, easy chair, wood burner - open tread stairs to sleeping loft, Wi-Fi and radio with iPod dock
- Bathroom: Groundfloor shower in luxurious wet room, WC and wash hand basin
- upstairs to open to the snug - Double bed, hanging rails, oriental chairs and long table. Restricted headroom
- there is a large barn for guests use with sofas, piano and table football.
- pretty patio and garden accessed from sliding glass door
- 16 beautiful acres of meadows, wildlife habitat and woods with pond and jetty
- new use for derelict building
- wildlife haven - no chemicals used
- ground-source heating and electricity from wind turbine
- sustainable fossil fuel-free environment
- rescued and restored accommodation
- hugely insulated and snug
- low impact dwelling
- Train to Aberystwyth (20 miles) or Carmarthen (28 miles)
- Carmarthen or Aberystwyth railway station. There is a bus service (X40) to Felin Fach from both places and it is possible to arrange a pick up from Felin Fach.
Please note: There are free range chickens and geese on site, who can be fierce! The pond is not protected by fencing, hence the property is not suitable for children under 5 years, due to safety reasons. Breakfast baskets - homemade bread, jams, eggs, local bacon, muesli etc (6GBP per person) and picnics and food hampers on request; coffee, tea, milk logs are supplied on arrival; additional firewood 6GBP basket. Please contact housekeeper direct, after you book, to arrange this. A cot and high chair are available but please bring your own infant bedding; please request at time of booking.